Acer x35 capped at 80nits?

losssy
losssy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I've tried numerous amount of settings and cant seem to unlock the ref brightness. It's greyed out at 80 when I turn on hdr &wcg from win 10. The white levels doesn't seem to get bright either.

Answers

• losssy
    losssy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

anyone have answers?
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    On mine if I keep switching hdr on and off or the monitor on and off the brightness drastically increases sometimes. I have brightness at 100% when I do this it maintains that level but with hdr.
  • Uzap
    Uzap Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    i had my default brightness at 40. When i switch to window HDR - no issue. However when i disable HDR, the screen always seem to become very bright (not the default 40 kind of brightness) i have to force refresh of frequency(144> other frequency>144) via the nvidia panel to get back the original 40. Restarting PC also get back the default brightness.
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    The switching is quite annoying actually but something I was just putting up with but it does seam to be another be it issue. Sometimes the screen looks less bright for me in HDR and find myself going back and to altering brightness levels in game options screens.
  • Mnot75
    Mnot75 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Games like Battlefield V and Nex Machina (both HDR) seem far less bright and vibrant than my my non HDR games (Rocket League for example).

This is not the case on my Asus PG27UQ. I’m also seeing nits capped at 80. 
  • Mnot75
    Mnot75 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Mnot75 said:
    Games like Battlefield V and Nex Machina (both HDR) seem far less bright and vibrant than my my non HDR games (Rocket League for example).

This is not the case on my Asus PG27UQ. I’m also seeing nits capped at 80. 

After playing around with this more, it seems HDR not fully activating in some games may be a software issue. For example, with my refresh rate set to 144Hz  on the PC and Battlefield 5 set to 144Hz upon starting up the game, The display thinks HDR is on but the brightness isn’t there. 

I have to go into the game settings to change the refresh rate away from and then back to 144Hz. 

At that point full brightness kicks in and even though it says 80nits, it’s eye scorchingly bright (which I love!).
  • sSyeBzuD
    sSyeBzuD Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

when I first got the monitor it was great it was so bright it hurt my eyes at first it was amazing now I cannot for the life of me get it past 80 nits brightness the settings are just grey and I cannot move them PLEASE HELP