Monitor won't turn on until unplugged

N3wB
N3wB Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
I'm having an issue on a brand new monitor where when I turn it off for a few hours and back on the monitor will act like it's turning on but won't display an image. The light on the monitor will go off like it's been unplugged. If I unplug the monitor and plug it back in I can then use it again. This is very inconvenient and worries me that this might become a bigger issue down the road. does anyone have any suggestions? So far it's happened 3 or 4 times since I got the monitor back in May

Comments

• N3wB
    Model Name: Z321QU bmiphzx
  • AlexNpc
    AlexNpc Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am having a similar issue with my Z271 monitor. After the monitor has been off overnight it will not turn back on unless i unplug it and plug it back in. This only started happening a couple of weeks ago and I've had no issues since I bought it almost 2 years ago.
    There's no strange behaviour after I turn it back on.
  • N3wB
    I'm going out on a limb here and wondering if it's related to 1903 update to Windows. do you have this update installed? Was this around the time you began to experience this problem?
  • AlexNpc
    AlexNpc Member Posts: 3 New User
    No. It started well before this. Don't think it has anything to do with the OS. The monitor doesn't turn on either before or after I switch the pc on.