External Speakers (Aspire C24 285)

RAZEL69
RAZEL69 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I am hoping someone here might be able to help me. Not being a techno buff my pc needs are quite basic and I thought I had bought an ideal solution. An Acer Aspire C24 285 All-in-one made for space saving with a great monitor. Don't need anything super fast or high spec but I do enjoy listening to music and watching films so also purchased a pair of external speakers (which had to be despatched later). I had my PC up and running quickly and loaded all my files from my old computer. However, to my dismay, when I received my new speakers, and tried to plug them in, I found the audio jack seemed to be input and not output. Does anyone know if there is anyway I can connect external speakers to this Acer? I will be gutted if there isn't a way forward as I doubt now I would be able to return the all-in-one. The internal speakers are pretty poor and I hadn't considered there wouldn't be the ability to connect to external sound. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Comments

• EXoomalxgb
    EXoomalxgb Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    The Internal speakers can be adjusted via the REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE APP.
    In the start menu.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I'm not finding a C24-285 model, maybe C24-865? The audio jack should be a headphone jack, with a little image of a headset adjacent to it, and should work fine with the light green wire from your speakers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.