Sound disappears randomly - Acer Switch 10 / Windows 10

Kapuhy
Kapuhy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a problem with sound on Acer Aspire Switch 10  (Windows 10 Home 32bit). Randomly (not just when playing sounds), there's a quiet "click" sound from the computer and all audio stops working, both in speakers and headphones. From what I tested so far:

- Restarting computer makes audio work again, but the same thing happens again after some time (anywhere from several minutes to several hours).
- Removing audio device and reinstalling driver again works as well, but still sound disappears again after some time.
- Updating drivers did not solve the problem.
- System reset to factory settings did not help - sound was good for like two days, and then problem started to appear even more often.
- When the sound disappears, if I try to play the Windows test sound in sound settings, I get "Device not available" message.

I'm at a loss at what can I try next.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,923 Pathfinder
    @Kapuhy
    Try the below step once:
    1. Try to update the unit
    2. BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

After doing the above step if still the unit does not work than i guess you need to send the laptop for repair to Acer repair center.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!