why on my Nitro 7, there is a Predator symbol on the lid?

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: next@acer: Meet the all-new member of the Acer Nitro series: The Nitro 7.

Comments

• Rio22
    Rio22 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello,

I would like to ask why on my Nitro 7, there is a Predator symbol on the lid? Is it fake?
    The laptop also becomes very hot when playing games compared to other Nitro 7 laptop with the same spec.

• What is the exact model of nitro 7? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rio22

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of nitro 7? Example an515-51-75kz.
    It is Nitro AN715-51.
    Please tell me what do you know about it.
    Thanks
  • Rio22

Tinkerer

Here is a picture of my Nitro 7. Before, I thought the logo is normal, but turned out there are no logos on other Nitro 7 laptops
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    @Rio22 Look after it you may have a one off collectors item there

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Rio22

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Ok, but Nitro series are officially not somekind subtype of Predators right? 

Collectors item or not, I suspect they did not good thermal pasting on this one, CPU reaches 90°C and the metal part between the keyboard and screen becomes very hot when playing games (especially Witcher 3 and Total War Three Kingdoms) and it happpens in just under 30 minutes of play.

GPU temp is lower which is strange because games like Witcher 3 depends on it. 

Using cooling pad and undervolting are not helping much.

I regretted buying this laptop. I can not bear the heat on my left fingers and the loud fan noise when playing games.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Rio22 said:
    andylb said:

Collectors item or not, I suspect they did not good thermal pasting on this one, CPU reaches 90°C and the metal part between the keyboard and screen becomes very hot when playing games (especially Witcher 3 and Total War Three Kingdoms) and it happpens in just under 30 minutes of play.

I regretted buying this laptop. I can not bear the heat on my left fingers and the loud fan noise when playing games.

Nitros are designed to run up to 90 deg c. There have been some pasting problems so if you are under warranty I would contact the Acer support center for your region and have them repaste it, I think the USA region let's you repaste yourself but you'll have to check with them, if they do use Grizzly Kryonaut. As for the noisy fans, the biggest killer of gaming laptops is an overheated CPU so personally I'd rather have noisy fans and game with my earbuds or headset connected.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• stradivarius
    stradivarius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Rio22 said:
    andylb said:

I'm guessing you are from indonesia right ? 
    indonesian model seems like to have a predator logo on their new nitro series, and yes, its not a fake.

I bought mine awhile ago, and it sometimes can reach 90°C+ even when i already undervolted the CPU with -150mV.
    when i played witcher 3 i got around 84
    °C undervolted.
    But, it depend on my room temperature. i rarely play on the day since its easily can reach 90
    °C+ when gaming.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Rio22 said:
    Hello,

I would like to ask why on my Nitro 7, there is a Predator symbol on the lid? Is it fake?
    The laptop also becomes very hot when playing games compared to other Nitro 7 laptop with the same spec.

Sorry to hear your experiencing temperatures issues with the Acer Nitro 7 unit, can you please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit so I can also take a look at the Predator logo on the lid question?

Where did you purchase this unit?  

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny