Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Dvd drive faceplate aspire e5-576g

BigBlurtonBigBlurton Posts: 10Member New User
does anyone know of a perfectly fitting dvd drive faceplate for aspire e5-576g? I’m going to switch it for a blu ray drive but the face place cover seems too hard to remove without breaking it 

FAQ & Answers

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 7,523ACE Pathfinder
    edited August 14
    Hello,
    You should be able to remove the ODD bezel like this:

• BigBlurtonBigBlurton Posts: 10Member New User
    Where did you find that picture
  • JackEJackE Posts: 16,697ACE Trailblazer
    >>>it has tabs on it that seem very fragile and I don’t want to break it >>>

This is one of the reasons why double-sided tape was invented. No one can tell if you broke it.  :)   Jack E/NJ
  • BigBlurtonBigBlurton Posts: 10Member New User
    JackE said:
    >>>it has tabs on it that seem very fragile and I don’t want to break it >>>

This is one of the reasons why double-sided tape was invented. No one can tell if you broke it.  :)   Jack E/NJ
    Well. Obviously don’t want to do that 
  • JackEJackE Posts: 16,697ACE Trailblazer
    If you follow laurent_14  's instructions and gently pry the right hand side out just a little, then at the same time you can gently push the tab in as shown in the zoomed image of  laurent_14  's post to help avoid breaking the tab's plastic catch on the end.  Jack E/NJ