Acer P226HQV monitor stuck in test mode?

Options
RedDeVil1961
RedDeVil1961 Member Posts: 2 New User
My Acer P226HQV monitor stuck in test mode?
Screen is changing to different colours. Can some one give an advise to reset the monitor.
Thanks.

Answers

• Blues
    Blues Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    My Acer P226HQV monitor stuck in test mode?
    Screen is changing to different colours. Can some one give an advise to reset the monitor.
    Thanks.
    at first try monitor selft test. 

Disconnect the power supply and press and hold the power button for 40 sec ( without any power supply connected )
    Post this connect only the power supply and power on the device. 

If everything seems normal then connect the HDMI or DVI cable and check.
    If my comment gives you a solution then please hit on "Yes"
    If you like or agree to my comment then please hit "Like"
  • RedDeVil1961
    RedDeVil1961 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello Blues, thank you but it's doesn't work. Do you know how the start the monitor self test?

• Hyouka
    Hyouka Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Might be slightly different than the original issue, but I was reviewing this thread and thought I would give my update.

Had cycling colors on monitor when there was no source coming from HDMI or DP connection. Fix was turning on machine to get a connection; that let me use menu settings. Enable menu setting for Deep Sleep for both HDMI and DP.

Seems the cycling colors was a weird result of not having a source input and not going to sleep. Might be a test mode but couldn't find documentation for any of that.

Hope this can help someone.

• RetroPassionUK
    RetroPassionUK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue with the K270H and nothing suggested resolves the issue. And not just this model which leads me to believe there is a fundamental issue with the software or hardware that has not been resolved??
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are you sure it's not a KA270H? I don't see a K270H model. There are several different KA270H series though. IIRC for the KA270H you can try:
    When you power up the screen, keep the power and auto buttons both pressed. That seems to reset the screen. After that when you open the menu, a small F appears on the left side of the contrast icon. Go to that red F with the arrows and press menu. Another menu will popup. Choose 'Burnin' and set it to off.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ugonzalez2
    ugonzalez2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Just had that problem. The solution was to connect a VGA cable to the computer, and the monitor started to work, then connect algo de monitor to the compute using de HDMI, then with the monitor menu change the input to HDMI, and finally remove the VGA cable.