Battery says "plugged in", but it was still charging.

finlandsberet
finlandsberet Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Usually when my battery charges it will say "plugged in, charging", but today (13th of August) when it started charging it only said "plugged in." Thinking this to be an error I reset my battery, but after switching everything back on it just said "plugged in." However, it has fully charged now. I've had my laptop for a couple of years now so I initially thought the charger was on its way out. Right now it says "Fully charged (100%).

Is this just an error?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I think it might just be a windows error. Can you inform the notebook model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I think it might just be a windows error. Can you inform the notebook model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • finlandsberet

Tinkerer

It's an Acer Aspire E15, and I think you're right; it probably was an error as it did still charge fully this morning. I'll keep an eye on it though over the next few days.

Thanks for your help!
  • Ok! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• finlandsberet

Tinkerer

Today (the 18th of August), my laptop charged-up again (I usually keep it plugged in all the time), and the message is still the same. It charges fully, but I think because of the recent Microsoft update to my laptop it no longer says "plugged in, charging", which is weird. Whenever I check it now it just says "plugged in" but it still charges up. It went from 95% battery to 100% this morning.

At least I know nothing is faulty now though. Thank you for your help, egydiocoelho!
  • Even so, I would like to know the exact model of the notebook. Example an515-51-75kz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• finlandsberet

Tinkerer

It's an Acer Aspire ES1-533. As I said in my previous post, it may be due to the recent Microsoft update my laptop went through that changed the message when I hover over my battery icon. It charged to full on the 13th and again today on the 18th.
  • Have you tried uninstalling these drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• finlandsberet

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    I think everything is fine; my battery charges as it normally does. It's just that the message I see when I hover over the battery icon on the taskbar has changed. It used to say "plugged in, charging", but now it just say "plugged in" while it still charges. Nothing is wrong with my battery, so I don't think there is anything I need to uninstall or change.

Thank you once again for your help and suggestions, though!
  • It may just be some bug with the driver. I suggest you try uninstalling them and then restarting the notebook.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer