Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Upgrading RAM with warranty sticker Nitro 5

MahinsWinsMahinsWins Posts: 4Member New User
edited August 12 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
I recently bought the Acer Nitro 5 2019 version ( AN515-54-53RN) and I was planning on adding another stick of RAM but when I tried to open the back case, I noted the Warranty Sticker covering the final screw.

Does opening the back plate to add RAM void the warranty?
Will an Acer service center add the RAM for me without compromising the warranty?
Will they allow RAM that I bought myself? 

Thanks for the time.

FAQ & Answers

• IVAN_PCIVAN_PC Posts: 4,057ACE Pathfinder
    HI.

If the opening has been the small lid where the chip resides, you do not lose the warranty.

The authorized centers, are the centers responsible for this, are responsible for updating the hadware in warranty periods.

Can you let us which model to bought?

Regards.
    Si esta es "la respuesta", haga clic en "Aceptar como solución" para ayudar a otros a encontrarla.
    If this is "the answer," click "Accept as a solution" to help others find it.

• MahinsWinsMahinsWins Posts: 4Member New User
    My model is the Acer Nitro 5 2019 ( AN515-54-53RN)

The warranty sticker covers the final screw holding the back cover in place. 

Thanks!
  • You should contact Acer Philippines technical support to find out whether or not the removal of the warranty seal violates the warranty in your country.

Dapat kang makipag-ugnay sa suporta sa teknikal na Acer Philippines upang malaman kung lumalabag ba o hindi ang pagtanggal ng warranty seal sa warranty sa iyong bansa.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hiesenhuerhiesenhuer Posts: 22Member Troubleshooter
  • In my opinion, I consider placing a warranty seal as inappropriate today. In many countries, such as Brazil and the United States for example, users themselves can upgrade their own devices as long as they do not damage any parts. Also, there are several videos posted on the internet about how to open the notebook, see:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)