CHromebook 15 not booting. Battery issue?

sfurbish
sfurbish Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a CHromebook 15 (CB515-1HT-P39B) that recently shut down and cannot complete boot process. I tried a hard reset and a full recovery on a full charge (timed - not just relying on battery indicator) and the computer will boot into my recovered user then immediately shut down as if battery is discharged. Since the battery icon indicates fully charged and the blue light is on I wondering if I need a new battery or is my computer just toast? It's a couple of years old and used daily but was working fine up until yesterday with no indications of weakening battery or faulty charger. Has anyone solved a similar issue with a battery replacement. I hate to throw good money after bad.

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    sfurbish 
    Try to remove the battery by removing base screws (11 screws) and carefully pry open the base cover starting from the gap between the base cover and left hinge compartment. Remove the base cover from the system. Disconnect the battery cable from the mainboard connector. 
    Then,  place the base cover on the system and align it properly to the edge of the system. Do not install the screws. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Connect the AC adapter and power On the Chromebook to check if it boots fine.
    If working fine, open the base and install the battery and charge it fully and check the Chromebook.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!