Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

helios 300 fan stopping

Jhjh6980Jhjh6980 Posts: 33Member Die Hard
hello
I bought a Helios 300 PH317-53-72P5, the first one I received had a battery problem, so I replaced it with a new one thanks to the warranty.
But I noticed that both pcs had the same problem: the fans never stop even when the PCs were in idle, the PCs had a temperature around 37 degree celcius on idle
I don't know if it's a problem or acer has decided that the fans never stop.
How to stop the fans?
with predator sense it is impossible to stop them
When I work on Office or internet searches I like to stop the fans I use a cooler pad
I saw on youtube that the triton 500 thinner laptop can have 0 rpm on fans speed.
Please make it possible with the helios 300 with an update of the bios or predatorsense 

Comments

• StrakoStrako Posts: 17Member New User
    I support this  idea. The fans don't even need to stop completely. But I would like to have a more silent laptop when I do not game. Fan speeds never go below ~2500rpm. 
  • kurisutofakurisutofa Posts: 7Member New User
    Same matter for me. Please allow lower speed fans or stoped speed fans for the GPU at least (which is not working most of the time unlike its fan)
  • kurisutofakurisutofa Posts: 7Member New User
    In this professionel test, they are saying that there is a problem with the notebook 17' version. If it is a bug related to this version, can you correct it please ?
    https://www.ultrabookreview.com/27098-acer-predator-helios-300-ph317-53/
    I quote :
    "The fans are still both active with daily use on the Auto fan profile, at around 2000-2500 rpm and 38-40 dB at head level. Theoretically, you can switch them off in the Manual fan settings and still end up with alright temperatures, but while that worked on the 15-inch model, it didn’t on this 17-inch variant so we can’t tell you what to expect in terms of temperatures in that case. Nonetheless, I wish Acer would allow users to create a custom fan curve in the Predator Sense app, and hopefully, they’ll hear this and add it in a future software update."
  • StrakoStrako Posts: 17Member New User
    In this professionel test, they are saying that there is a problem with the notebook 17' version. If it is a bug related to this version, can you correct it please ?
    https://www.ultrabookreview.com/27098-acer-predator-helios-300-ph317-53/
    I quote :
    "The fans are still both active with daily use on the Auto fan profile, at around 2000-2500 rpm and 38-40 dB at head level. Theoretically, you can switch them off in the Manual fan settings and still end up with alright temperatures, but while that worked on the 15-inch model, it didn’t on this 17-inch variant so we can’t tell you what to expect in terms of temperatures in that case. Nonetheless, I wish Acer would allow users to create a custom fan curve in the Predator Sense app, and hopefully, they’ll hear this and add it in a future software update."
    That's interesting because it is the same on my 15" model. Maybe they changed predator sense to not work below 2000-2500rpm anymore. This would be bad since there is really no single reason for the fans being on that high minimum all the time.