Can I unplug F_usb2 on my AT3-710-EB51

Options
ImANoobAtPc
ImANoobAtPc Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi all simple question about my AT3-710-EB51. I am looking to upgrade my Graphics card and the current one I have is 17cm long. I just noticed as I was looking if an upgrade would fit that this cable is right next to my gpu. Just wondering if I can unplug it and what exactly it would affect. If it’s only one USB port we are good to go!! 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The power is on the front panel connector (#10 below), not on the USB connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    That's the front panel USB2 connector, it shouldn't be in the way, though you could re-route those wires either under the card or along the side
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ImANoobAtPc
    Options
    billsey said:
    That's the front panel USB2 connector, it shouldn't be in the way, though you could re-route those wires either under the card or along the side
    Thanks for the reply. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to wires (or pcs in general)  if u can explain how I do this that would be great!! 
  • billsey
    Options
    So, you could unplug the wire and put it aside and you would lose that USB2 port on the front of the computer, or you could leave it in place when you put the new video card in and just make sure the wire isn't in the way and you would still be able to use that port. It likely won't be a problem, even though the connector is close to the card.
  • ImANoobAtPc
    Options
    billsey said:
    So, you could unplug the wire and put it aside and you would lose that USB2 port on the front of the computer, or you could leave it in place when you put the new video card in and just make sure the wire isn't in the way and you would still be able to use that port. It likely won't be a problem, even though the connector is close to the card.
    Alright man will do. Thanks for the replies I appreciate it u have no idea!!!! 
  • ImANoobAtPc
    Options
    billsey said:
    Sorry for the bother again but I also posted this same post on reddit and some people are saying that f_usb2 is connected to my power button? Can u confirm this is not true? Also do u know which specific USB port will not work anymore. Thanks again Bill. 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The power is on the front panel connector (#10 below), not on the USB connector.