Acer Iconia One 10 (B3-A30) not charging or turning on

roseykorpse
roseykorpse Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi, after running out of battery my Iconia One 10 tablet is no longer charging or turning on. I only had it a couple of weeks before this began. I have tried pretty much every outlet in my house, I've tried charging it through my PC, nothing. I am using the cord and adapter it came with. The notification light will occasionally come on in red for a few seconds, turn off, then come back on again. It will repeat this process for the first minute it's plugged in before the light stays off. I have tried every way to turn it on, including holding the power button plus volume up button, but I'm concerned it's bricked after only a couple of weeks of use. It's not under warranty as I bought it refurbished (practically brand new, tested by the store prior to purchase), so unfortunately I don't have the option of going through Acer. I'd prefer to find a fix, but if it's bricked then I'll probably look into a cheaper RCA as this has eaten into my non-essentials budget. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    If you can't take it back to the vendor (there warranty should be longer than 'it worked in the store') you can try opening it up, disconnecting the battery, wait an hours or so then reconnect and retry charging.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • utahqwert
    utahqwert Member Posts: 4 New User
    Same issue with my A3-B40.   I have done a bunch of searches but can not find what the light blink is indicating.  Anyone know where I can find that information?  Is this just a dead battery that can not be charged because the port is bad?