Helios 300 - Laptop will go of Charge Power when not under heavy Load and at 100% Battery.

Options
myfabi94
myfabi94 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have a Helios 300 and I think since the last Windows Update my Laptop stops Charging when the Battery hits 100%. The Charger charges quickly, even when playing Light Games, and then will keep turning off the Charge for 5 Seconds every 30 Seconds. This results in heavy Framedrops.
When playing really Powerhungry Games and Sims the Battery is under enough Load never to stay at 100%, and the Laptop runs smoothly and keeps charging.

On Idle or Low Power usage it will keep turning on and off though.

On Idle and Low Power the Laptop charges from 10 to 100%  in about 2 Hours. And when running in Battery Saver Mode it has a realistic 2.5 Hours Battery Life while watching Movies, working and listening to Music.
Even running Games like BeamNG it will stay alive for well over 40 Minutes.

So I think the Charger is OK and so is the Battery. I think what is happening is that the Battery has a protective inbuilt safety, taking the Laptop off Charge completely if it suspects overcharging, if the Power Supply doesn't do it automatically. How can I calibrate or reset the Power Supply (letting Microsoft do it via the Device Manager doesn't help)?

Answers