What exact RAM stick does the Gaming Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53-55H5 use

A_S1997202
A_S1997202 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i want to buy an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop because I travel a lot. I have an Acer N50 gaming desktop, i could only run games like Division 2 properly after upgrading to 16gb ram. 

I’m unsure which specific Ram Stick (brand included) the Nitro 5 Gaming laptop (1050 GTX, 8gb ddr4 i5 8300. ) uses because I’ve been told to never mix ram stick brands up as it may cause issues. 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    i want to buy an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop because I travel a lot. I have an Acer N50 gaming desktop, i could only run games like Division 2 properly after upgrading to 16gb ram. 

I’m unsure which specific Ram Stick (brand included) the Nitro 5 Gaming laptop (1050 GTX, 8gb ddr4 i5 8300. ) uses because I’ve been told to never mix ram stick brands up as it may cause issues. 

I use Crucial memory, the link below has served many well and it is specifically for your model so all the RAM is correct for you. Don't buy from there, instead using the part number buy it from Amazon, it's cheaper and faster delivery
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-5-an515-53#MEMORYFilters

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    andylb said:

I use Crucial memory, the link below has served many well and it is specifically for your model so all the RAM is correct for you. Don't buy from there, instead using the part number buy it from Amazon, it's cheaper and faster delivery
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-5-an515-53#MEMORYFilters

yo i was planning on buying the crucial ram again as my old one was came defective and do u think i should repurchase it?
  • andylb
    edited August 2019
    B4ttleSky said:
    andylb said:

yo i was planning on buying the crucial ram again as my old one was came defective and do u think i should repurchase it?

All I can say is that it works fine for me my friend and mine is mixed brands, it's the specs that are essential

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• A_S1997202
    A_S1997202 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

andylb said:

andylb said:

Thank you! 
    The RAM i have (according to the website) is a DDR4 at 2666MT/s 8GB. 
    Should I get 8GB 2666mt/s then? Also, single rank or double rank?

• andylb
    @A_S1997202 You could get dual rank in case you decide to update the other stick at a later date. Please click YES if I answered your question, tankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★