TravelMate B117 shutting off

GRIII
GRIII Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have 2 TravelMate B117. SNID ************* (Model N16Q9)  both purchased at the same time 08/2017.  Increasingly both units are shutting off - no warning just dies.  The unit this happens to the most often I tried to reset SW/OS however I can not complete the process (shuts down during this task).  I do feel this is something to do with overheating of the CPU as the base gets a little warm. Once shut off the unit will switch on after about10 minutes. The unit has a SS disk with no fans or vents to speak of to clean, inside the unit is spotless. 
All the usual MS updates have been done however, I did downgrade to an earlier version of the Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver - DPTF_Intel_8.1.10605.221_W10x64 driver (windows told me this was an earlier version during the process).  I guessed this was a good start.  Any help greatly appreciated.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Do they shut off if not being physically disturbed or not being used? Just setting there powered on with no keyboarding, no touchpadding, no moving? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• GRIII
    edited August 2019
    Hello JackE,
    Yes at any point it may shut off more so when CPU is being stressed it seems.
    Thanks for the response.
  • JackE
    Do they behave the same way with charger plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GRIII
    Hi JackE,
    Yes, no difference between plugged in and operating on battery only.  Thanks
  • JackE
    Do you recall if ControlPanel power plan app was set to Balanced or HiPerf mode? Does it stay on long enough that you could check this? If it's set to HiPerformance, try changing it to Balanced. Then reboot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ