Some keys are not working in Acer aspire a5151g.

varunvk
varunvk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought acer aspire laptop one year ago,but recently some of my keys are not working.I tried reinstalling drivers, ressetting pinhole button and rebooting but the issue is not solved.some times they work but sometimes they wont work at all.Any suggestions to solve this problem? :'(

Answers

• Spaceder2
    Spaceder2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Wow I literally have this same exact problem, it happened two days ago... Not sure what to do as I've also tried the same...
  • Spaceder2
    Spaceder2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hey,

I sort of managed to fix it (Temporarily) It involves opening your laptop (while it's OFF/shut down, make sure to rest it 20-30 mins) - disconnect and reconnect the keyboard tapes, it sort of worked for me. They start to work again when I spam tap it. I'm positive this wont fix it completely but its a temporary fix for when I find a solution.

i'm guessing it has to do with the keyboard itself, I'm going to remove the metal frame holding the keyboard and reconnect it to see if it works.
  • varunvk
    varunvk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Spaceder2 said:
    Hey,

I sort of managed to fix it (Temporarily) It involves opening your laptop (while it's OFF/shut down, make sure to rest it 20-30 mins) - disconnect and reconnect the keyboard tapes, it sort of worked for me. They start to work again when I spam tap it. I'm positive this wont fix it completely but its a temporary fix for when I find a solution.

i'm guessing it has to do with the keyboard itself, I'm going to remove the metal frame holding the keyboard and reconnect it to see if it works.
    Did that work?