Can anyone help me download photos?

Options
AZ_Lady
AZ_Lady Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have an old Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-830 with several pictures on it. The tablet lost its WiFi capabilities and I am trying to download the jpeg photos onto my PC before I perform a factory reset. When I connect the tablet to a USB port on my PC and examine the memory on the tablet, I can navigate to the DCIM folder and then to the Camera folder, but there appears to be nothing in the Camera folder ("0 files"). And yet on the tablet desktop the Gallery folder contains 47 jpeg photos that I can view. I saw something on YouTube where an app was installed which would scan media files on the tablet and make them accessible, but I don't have Wi-Fi access in order to download such an app. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Options
    had you check if there are any other folders under DCIM?
    Do you have a microSD on your tablet?

or you can check where the pictures are stored...
    open a pic, on the top right you will find three dots, tap it and select "details", you must be able to see the path where is stored.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, you likely have a SD card installed, which changes the default folder for saving pictures. You can either take the SD card out and move it to the PC or navigate to the external storage and find the pictures there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.