Lag issues with my AN515-42-R5ED

Zach62105
Zach62105 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I recently bought a acer nitro 5. the exact model being AN515-42-R5ED. most games have run fine on it but Im recently noticing some lag issues in certain games even when Im on good wifi. these games include fortnite, and a 2d battle royale game I play called surviv.io. there seems to be delay on the surviv io game but my wifi is perfect fine and running like 5 ping. so how come im experiencing delay in this game in particualar? 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    BEFORE gaming make sure your Battery is charged to 100% and then KEEP it plugged into charge whilst gaming, 

Make sure your graphics drivers are updated to this version or better and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your RX560x is selected in Switchable Graphics for your games and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Zach62105
    ok, so first off, my radeon settings doesnt have all the options u have and as many features, and if the game I play is in my browser, how am I supposed to set that to the rx560
  • andylb
    edited August 2019
    Zach62105 said:
    ok, so first off, my radeon settings doesnt have all the options u have and as many features, and if the game I play is in my browser, how am I supposed to set that to the rx560

Firstly if you don't have the AMD control center that I have you need to update to it before we try to go any further. Do you have AMD Adrenalin Control center as seen in the pic above> if not download it here
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-7-5
    The problem is that these laptops only have the software that existed at their manufacture date which may have been months ago and a lot has changed. The AMD control center now supports mobile processors for the AN515-42, what I posted above is the same model as yours updated to current software, the above features Nitrosense and AMD Adrenalin control panel are the current standard for your model I agree with your point about the online game but let's get you updated and see if that fixes the issue

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Zach62105
    I updated to the reccomended one not the latest one and Im still having trouble with this game. im at a lost but very upset that this is an issue. it ran fine the first 2 weeks and now this game in particular isnt running right. pls help
  • andylb
    Zach62105 said:
    I updated to the reccomended one not the latest one and Im still having trouble with this game. im at a lost but very upset that this is an issue. it ran fine the first 2 weeks and now this game in particular isnt running right. pls help

Please answer, did you do exactly the steps I outlined? I'm sorry but if you didn't I can't help any further

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Zach62105
    yes the very latest drivers and everything u said and nothing my friend
  • Zach62105
    ok well ill be returning this hunk of garbage then since its constantly glitching and lagging on fortnite now too. cant even update ti the latest drivers because of some dumb glitch. thx for wasting my time and money
  • ZynFaith
    ZynFaith Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Try to delete videodriver with Display Driver Uninstaller (Safe Mode with reboot). Then install latest stable driver version for RX 560X from AMD website