Answers

• solidterry
    solidterry Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Options
    JordanB said:
    @solidterry

Did you buy the pre-made  Windows 10 USB?  Or did you create the Windows 10 USB yourself using the microsoft media creation tool?
    I downloaded the media creation tool.  [EDIT]  Also, I noticed that "Boot Manager" has been replaced in my BIOS with "Hard Disk" as one of the four choices.  I don't know if this matters, though.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds like your Windows 10 USB drive wasn't created properly to support UEFI booting.  The link below explains how to create a Windows 10 USB drive that is UEFI bootable.   I'd recommend using the rufus method.  

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support

Here's a brief overview of your TC-605 BIOS/UEFI modes.   You should use UEFI mode.

UEFI Mode:   Secure Boot=enabled
                        Launch CSM=never

----------------------------------------------

Legacy Mode:  Secure Boot=disabled
                           Launch CSM=always
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • solidterry
    solidterry Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    JordanB said:
    It sounds like your Windows 10 USB drive wasn't created properly to support UEFI booting.  The link below explains how to create a Windows 10 USB drive that is UEFI bootable.   I'd recommend using the rufus method.  

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support

Here's a brief overview of your TC-605 BIOS/UEFI modes.   You should use UEFI mode.

UEFI Mode:   Secure Boot=enabled
                        Launch CSM=never

----------------------------------------------

Legacy Mode:  Secure Boot=disabled
                           Launch CSM=always
    Hallelujah!  That worked!  Many thanks to you for being so patient and clear with your explanations. =)