AcerNitro5 lapnhq3rex005 works slow until restart

Andrei1
Andrei1 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought an Acer nitro 5 with and ryzen 7 and radeon rx 560. when I open it and i enter in a game, for exemple cs go, i have 1fps, but if i restart the laptop, i have over 100 fps. i dont know why it works like this until restarting. 
any suggestions?

Answers

• Sayobaid
    Sayobaid Member Posts: 34 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    You should check the autorun apps in the task manager and disable the unnecessary ones. if this does not fix the problem you should do a system restore.

Thanks for your question

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Click "Like" if my answer was just helpful 

Have a good day!  :)

• Andrei1
    Sayobaid said:
    You should check the autorun apps in the task manager and disable the unnecessary ones. if this does not fix the problem you should do a system restore.
    i dont know what is useful and what is not
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    BEFORE gaming make sure your Battery is charged to 100% and then KEEP it plugged into charge whilst gaming, 

Make sure your graphics drivers are updated to this version or better and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your RX560x is selected in Switchable Graphics for your games and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Andrei1
    andylb said:
    BEFORE gaming make sure your Battery is charged to 100% and then KEEP it plugged into charge whilst gaming, 

Make sure your graphics drivers are updated to this version or better and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your RX560x is selected in Switchable Graphics for your games and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

i dont have nitrosense, where can i get it from?
  • andylb
    What is your exact model number AN515**

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Andrei1
    andylb said:
    What is your exact model number AN515**
    an515-42-r8vd
  • Andrei1
    its still in warranty, and i can take it to service, but i want to fix it myself if i can
  • andylb
    Download and install from here and make sure you have all 3 installed
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JoshResuello
    JoshResuello Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi Andrei1 and Andylb!

I am having the same issue and unfortunately, the solution abovementioned did not do me well. 

• andylb
    edited August 2019
    Hi Andrei1 and Andylb!

I am having the same issue and unfortunately, the solution abovementioned did not do me well. 

Please give us your model number
    Do a battery reset which can solve many odd problems. Turn off and unplug your laptop, place a straightened paperclip into the small hole on the underside of the laptop and press for 10 seconds. Let the laptop rest for 15 minutes then plug in to AC and turn on

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JoshResuello

Tinkerer

Hey it worked! Thanks a lot andylb!

PS - I dont know how to quote your response man, it's telling me that my body is 3 characters short. 
  • andylb
    @JoshResuello If I answered your question please click YES  or hit like. Glad to be of help

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JoshResuello

Tinkerer

Hi @andylb.

I tried a battery reset last night and turned out fine. The problem came back again this morning. :(

I do recall that I started having this problem when I changed my battery settings. (see screenshot)

I tried to switch them back to no avail.