Auto shutdown Aspire E 14 E5-475G

Potatoface
Potatoface Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop shuts down after couple of seconds. I can't even go to the bios settings without it shutting down. What can I do to solve it??

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    (1) Is the battery charging with the charger plugged in --- a steady blue or amber LED lit?
    (2) When did this start to happen?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    (1) Is the battery charging with the charger plugged in --- a steady blue or amber LED lit?
    (2) When did this start to happen?

Jack E/NJ
    (1) The battery is charging with amber light and goes into blue light which i think it means that the battery is full

(2) the shut down actually happened months ago but it rarely shuts down. Now, it iust immeadiately shuts down. I dont think it's overheating problem since it's not that hot when the laptop automatically shuts down.

• JackE
    Have you tried to reset the system yet via the battery reset pinhole on the bottom? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Have you tried to reset the system yet via the battery reset pinhole on the bottom? Jack E/NJ
    Yes i pressed it for 5 seconds and waited for like 10 minutes still it is shutting down 
  • JackE
    OK. Try this. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity history. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. Try this. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity history. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

I dont think i will.be able to this because it just automatically shuts down after booting so i cant access the cmd 
  • JackE
    Then you must disconnect the battery from the mainboard by removing the bottom cover to see if the laptop will stay on with the charger alone. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Then you must disconnect the battery from the mainboard by removing the bottom cover to see if the laptop will stay on with the charger alone. Jack E/NJ
    It still goes black and shuts down 
  • JackE
    On the charger alone, what happens when the ALT+F10 keys are pressed IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    On the charger alone, what happens when the ALT+F10 keys are pressed IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ
    Nothing happens
  • JackE
    OK. What happens if you instead press/tap the F2 key IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    OK. What happens if you instead press/tap the F2 key IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ
    It enters on the bios settings
  • JackE
    Good. Go to the BIOS menu Main tab. Make sure both F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then save setting and exit the BIOS. Shut machine off and retry the ALT+F10 procedure again as explained above. A recovery screen should appear that should allow you to reset the machine to factory condition shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Good. Go to the BIOS menu Main tab. Make sure both F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then save setting and exit the BIOS. Shut machine off and retry the ALT+F10 procedure again as explained above. A recovery screen should appear that should allow you to reset the machine to factory condition shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ

After the please wait, it just turns off randomly, even going to thw bios systems it just turns off randomly
  • JackE
    >>>The battery is charging with amber light and goes into blue light which i think it means that the battery is full>>>

When steady blue, remove the charger. Turn it on. Does it still shut off on the fully charged battery alone? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>The battery is charging with amber light and goes into blue light which i think it means that the battery is full>>>

When steady blue, remove the charger. Turn it on. Does it still shut off on the fully charged battery alone? Jack E/NJ
    Yes it still shuts off on a fully charged battery 
  • JackE
    When the machine shuts off, can you IMMEDIATELY turn it back on again by pressing the power button? Or do you have to wait a few moments before it responds to  pressing the power button? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    When the machine shuts off, can you IMMEDIATELY turn it back on again by pressing the power button? Or do you have to wait a few moments before it responds to  pressing the power button? Jack E/NJ
    I could immediately turn it back on 
  • JackE
    Well, I can only guess that there seems to be a huge power drain from a failed hardware component. Hopefully an easily removable component like the HDD or RAM. First remove the charger. Then open the HDD door and disconnect the HDD. Then turn the machine on to see if it still shuts off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Potatoface

Tinkerer

I have removed the hdd but still it shuts off.