Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Auto shutdown Aspire E 14 E5-475G

PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

Tinkerer

My laptop shuts down after couple of seconds. I can't even go to the bios settings without it shutting down. What can I do to solve it??
«13

FAQ & Answers

  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    (1) Is the battery charging with the charger plugged in --- a steady blue or amber LED lit?
    (2) When did this start to happen?

    Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    (1) Is the battery charging with the charger plugged in --- a steady blue or amber LED lit?
    (2) When did this start to happen?

    Jack E/NJ
    (1) The battery is charging with amber light and goes into blue light which i think it means that the battery is full

    (2) the shut down actually happened months ago but it rarely shuts down. Now, it iust immeadiately shuts down. I dont think it's overheating problem since it's not that hot when the laptop automatically shuts down.


  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    Have you tried to reset the system yet via the battery reset pinhole on the bottom? Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    Have you tried to reset the system yet via the battery reset pinhole on the bottom? Jack E/NJ
    Yes i pressed it for 5 seconds and waited for like 10 minutes still it is shutting down 
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    OK. Try this. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity history. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    OK. Try this. Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity history. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

    I dont think i will.be able to this because it just automatically shuts down after booting so i cant access the cmd 
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    Then you must disconnect the battery from the mainboard by removing the bottom cover to see if the laptop will stay on with the charger alone. Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    Then you must disconnect the battery from the mainboard by removing the bottom cover to see if the laptop will stay on with the charger alone. Jack E/NJ
    It still goes black and shuts down 
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    On the charger alone, what happens when the ALT+F10 keys are pressed IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    On the charger alone, what happens when the ALT+F10 keys are pressed IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ
    Nothing happens
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    OK. What happens if you instead press/tap the F2 key IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    OK. What happens if you instead press/tap the F2 key IMMEDIATELY after pushing the power button? Jack E/NJ
    It enters on the bios settings
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    Good. Go to the BIOS menu Main tab. Make sure both F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then save setting and exit the BIOS. Shut machine off and retry the ALT+F10 procedure again as explained above. A recovery screen should appear that should allow you to reset the machine to factory condition shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ



  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    Good. Go to the BIOS menu Main tab. Make sure both F12 and D2D options are enabled. Then save setting and exit the BIOS. Shut machine off and retry the ALT+F10 procedure again as explained above. A recovery screen should appear that should allow you to reset the machine to factory condition shown in the video below. Jack E/NJ



    After the please wait, it just turns off randomly, even going to thw bios systems it just turns off randomly
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    >>>The battery is charging with amber light and goes into blue light which i think it means that the battery is full>>>

    When steady blue, remove the charger. Turn it on. Does it still shut off on the fully charged battery alone? Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    >>>The battery is charging with amber light and goes into blue light which i think it means that the battery is full>>>

    When steady blue, remove the charger. Turn it on. Does it still shut off on the fully charged battery alone? Jack E/NJ
    Yes it still shuts off on a fully charged battery 
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    When the machine shuts off, can you IMMEDIATELY turn it back on again by pressing the power button? Or do you have to wait a few moments before it responds to  pressing the power button? Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    JackE said:
    When the machine shuts off, can you IMMEDIATELY turn it back on again by pressing the power button? Or do you have to wait a few moments before it responds to  pressing the power button? Jack E/NJ
    I could immediately turn it back on 
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,112ACE Trailblazer
    Well, I can only guess that there seems to be a huge power drain from a failed hardware component. Hopefully an easily removable component like the HDD or RAM. First remove the charger. Then open the HDD door and disconnect the HDD. Then turn the machine on to see if it still shuts off. Jack E/NJ
  • PotatofacePotatoface Posts: 25Member

    Tinkerer

    I have removed the hdd but still it shuts off. 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online308

98Mattheuslino
98Mattheuslino
Acer-Edward
Acer-Edward
adepeter
adepeter
Akihitokun
Akihitokun
aSILVA
aSILVA
aworan78
aworan78
blindmetal
blindmetal
Boatkettlecheese
Boatkettlecheese
Diegotso
Diegotso
Dundy
Dundy
Giuliano
Giuliano
GonzaloUrr
GonzaloUrr
Imp6
Imp6
jwall13
jwall13
Lann
Lann
Mil99
Mil99
MillaM
MillaM
ShahmiNitro5
ShahmiNitro5
SK1995
SK1995
+289 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.