Warranty is unsecured?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,
I just experienced a very bad encounter with Acer Service Corporation.
I bought an Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop in last November (2018) for my son as a gift. It was the second Acer laptop I bought because the first one was running without issues for 5 years. My son loves it and uses it everyday. He plays games and brings it to the computer courses. He takes care of it and we bought him a laptop bag to carry it.
Unfortunately, he could not open the laptop last week ( July 10, 2019). The screen showed " no bootable device ". Since the laptop is still in warranty, so we contacted the service and dropped it off at Acer Repair Centre. The next day we received the email from Acer Service that the Acer technican noticed the unit has been opened before by someone. 
Quoted from the email as below:

"The hard drive not detected due to a loose cable and also found hard drive &  Hard drive connector damaged . USB Board & Cable Burned .

Motherboard is not repairable and need to be replaced as well .

Requires : New Motherboard / / USB Board / HDD Cable / HDD Connector etc

Before we can continue with the repair of your product, it is necessary that you contact Acer to provide CID payment CAD 584.99. plus applicable taxes.  

If we do not receive payment within four business days, your product will be returned unrepaired."

We are completely confused with the conclusion made by that technician. I think no one would open the device which is still in warranty. I wrote an email back to state that we never opened the laptop before and can't understand why so many parts were damaged. The laptop was taken care of by my son carefully and it has no scratch on the surface and it looks new. I doubted the damages were quality related and asked Acer Service to fix it free because it is within warranty.

So far I did not receive any feedback from Acer and a bit disappointed with their service.

Is there anyway to file the complaint?

Thanks!