Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

HDD Slot in Gateway NV55C

Hello

I want to know that can I Install another HDD in my Gateway NV55C Laptop ? if Yes, then it will require any Wire Connection like which is available on Primary (Main) HDD ?

can I get valuable update over it.

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 16,745ACE Trailblazer
    You can add another HDD but only by using an HDD Caddy instead of the DVD/CD drive. It will automatically be the secondary HDD along with your existing primary HDD boot drive. Jack E/NJ
  • dhavalveeradhavalveera Posts: 3Member New User
    I didn't get you for HDD Caddy, what does it mean?
    Google 'hdd caddy'. A caddy is an enclosure for a 2.5" HDD or SSD that looks like a DVD/CD drive. It plugs into the same slot that a DVD/CD drive plugs into.  So it replaces the DVD/CD drive. The HDD/SSD caddy's are very inexpensive  If you don't want to give up your DVD/CD drive, then you can only run an external HDD or SSD via a USB port. Jack E/NJ
  • dhavalveeradhavalveera Posts: 3Member New User
    for HDD Caddy, I've to remove DVD/CD ROM from Laptop and Insert HDD Caddy there, if I am wrong to understand then?
    >>>or HDD Caddy, I've to remove DVD/CD ROM from Laptop and Insert HDD Caddy there, if I am wrong to understand then? >>>

Yes. You are correct. Here is an example from Amazon which has many selections https://www.amazon.com.au/CJESLNA-Caddy-12-7mm-Universal-DVD-ROM/dp/B0056EW4A4

Jack E/NJ