Is their an m.2 slot on my acer aspire 3 a315-53g-52y3?

Roentjeniun
Roentjeniun Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, there's a slot for M.2 SATA SSD.
  • Roentjeniun

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, there's a slot for M.2 SATA SSD.
    Are you talking about the current hdd location or is their a hidden slot for m.2 ?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    You have a HDD bay which you can access by opening the door and a M.2 slot which can be accessed by opening the back cover.

• Roentjeniun

Tinkerer

You have a HDD bay which you can access by opening the door and a M.2 slot which can be accessed by opening the back cover.

Thank you @brummyfan2 ? It helps me a lot about upgrading my system.when I ask a store where I bought they say that its only have a hdd or sdd sata  and  yet you confirmed that their is a secret m.2 slot .why they didnt tell it to consumer?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓

Thank you @brummyfan2 ? It helps me a lot about upgrading my system.when I ask a store where I bought they say that its only have a hdd or sdd sata  and  yet you confirmed that their is a secret m.2 slot .why they didnt tell it to consumer?
    You are welcome :)
    Perhaps they didn't want you to open the back cover and void the warranty, in some regions they put a warranty warning sticker on the screws to stop consumers opening the back cover, it's advisable to check with Acer Support centre in your region to find out whether opening the back cover voids the warranty.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Roentjeniun

Tinkerer

Can youbrummyfan2 said:

You are welcome :)
    Perhaps they didn't want you to open the back cover and void the warranty, in some regions they put a warranty warning sticker on the screws to stop consumers opening the back cover, it's advisable to check with Acer Support centre in your region to find out whether opening the back cover voids the warranty.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Where is the exact location of the m.2 slot
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    It's right next to the memory module.

• Roentjeniun

Tinkerer

Hi,
    It's right next to the memory module.

Hi,Is the picture the same model?The second picture is more likely  my unit  but where is the m.2 slot highlighted and what the arrows inoly and the little ciricles please help me!
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    That's about general disassembly, I have posted that picture to show the position of M.2 slot, the arrows and the circles are about dismantling the speakers which you don't need to worry about. Motherboard on the left is same as the one on the right, only difference is that most of the parts are removed from it, M.2 SSD is shown in yellow rectangle.

• Roentjeniun

Tinkerer

Hi,
    That's about general disassembly, I have posted that picture to show the position of M.2 slot, the arrows and the circles are about dismantling the speakers which you don't need to worry about. Motherboard on the left is same as the one on the right, only difference is that most of the parts are removed from it, M.2 SSD is shown in yellow rectangle.

Thank you again for that info😀😀😀.
  • Roentjeniun

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2 what are the compatible m.2 nvme ssd slot availbale on my device ?
  • brummyfan2
    edited June 2020
    @brummyfan2 what are the compatible m.2 nvme ssd slot availbale on my device ?
    You can use a M.2 SATA SSD according to the manual.