Acer Swift 1 SF-114-32-P2PK ... Bios does not see my SSD?

Options
kico
kico Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all... 
Just installed a Samsung 128gb NAND SATA3 SSD M.2 2280 into the port in my Acer Swift 1 SF-114-32-P2PK.  The problem is the Bios does not see this SSD. I removed the SSD and reinserted and it still doesn't see the SSD. Upgraded to the newest Bios V1.09 I think. No difference. 
I've researched here and online and it looks as if others have had this problem too. I'm only using the SSD as storage and am not planning to move my operating system to it just now.
Win 10 Pro sees the drive and it works and shows up in File manager, Device manager and Disk management...just not in the Bios. I know something is not right. An F-2 or F-12 boot only shows the original 64GB eMMC drive boot manager.

Thank's for any help you guys can offer...I'm stumped.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening kico !

Did you convert SSD to GPT format?
    Remember that devices that use eMMC disk is usually not possible to install OS on another drive.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Mateo620
    Mateo620 Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    kico said:
    Hi all... 
    Just installed a Samsung 128gb NAND SATA3 SSD M.2 2280 into the port in my Acer Swift 1 SF-114-32-P2PK.  The problem is the Bios does not see this SSD. I removed the SSD and reinserted and it still doesn't see the SSD. Upgraded to the newest Bios V1.09 I think. No difference. 
    I've researched here and online and it looks as if others have had this problem too. I'm only using the SSD as storage and am not planning to move my operating system to it just now.
    Win 10 Pro sees the drive and it works and shows up in File manager, Device manager and Disk management...just not in the Bios. I know something is not right. An F-2 or F-12 boot only shows the original 64GB eMMC drive boot manager.

Thank's for any help you guys can offer...I'm stumped.

I've owned 3 Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 and currently use 2 but from my experience the only place you will see the SATA SSD in the BIOS will be in the Boot tab where it says "Boot priority order: 1. Windows Boot Manager (MTFDDAV128MAZ-1AE1ZABHA)"

MTFDDAV128MAZ-1AE1ZABHA is my SATA SSD.

Other than that I didn't see it anywhere else. What or where did you think it would appear? What were you attempting to do?

You must come to the realization that these Acer BIOS are very limited and locked down. All the good stuff is simply hidden away because these cheap mainstream laptops are for average Joe and Jane who have no idea what a BIOS is. 

A lot of Chinese Gemini Lake laptops have BIOS that are fully unlocked and a lot more options. Some things however you probably don't want to mess with because you may brick the system and not be able to recover from that.