Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire Switch Alpha 12 numpad on login doesn't appear

swordfish_designsswordfish_designs Posts: 3Member New User
Hello,
I have a SA5-271 running Windows 10 build 1903. Even when purchased new, with build 1701, I had the same issue. I use PIN to log in, and when the detachable keyboard is removed, the on-screen number pad does not appear to allow me to enter my PIN, I have to use the on-screen keyboard from the accessibility menu. However, if the detachable keyboard is attached, the numpad does show up. 
I have tried scouring all the settings possible, but nothing seems to fix this issue. Does anyone else know of this issue and a work-around for it? 

Thanks!

Comments

• swordfish_designsswordfish_designs Posts: 3Member New User
    Funny how sometimes the solution is found right after asking for help. This solution involved playing around a bit in the Windows registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTvERSION/AUTHENTICATION/logonUI    then change the value for "showtabletkeyboard" to 1.
  • swordfish_designsswordfish_designs Posts: 3Member New User
    • Ok. So I thought this was the fix, turns out it was a fluke...it is still not working properly. I checked my registry entry, and it is still at the proper setting. Maybe someone at Microsoft should look into this issue. I will see what I can do to let them know about this issue... that is,if they aren't already aware of this issue and just don't care.
  • billseybillsey Posts: 6,700ACE Pathfinder
    Go to Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I)
    Go to Devices; Typing.
    Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached to your device.

Let us know if that does it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.