PLEASE HELP! Predator Galea 500 headset microphone not working

twloe
twloe Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
PLEASE HELP!!  Predator Galea 500 headset powers on and can hear audio, but mic is not working - running on a CyberPower PC w/ Windows 10.  It is <1 yr old and I have the original box which has a sticker on the back containing what one would think would be every thing needed:  PN #, EAN #, JAN #, Mfg Date, and UPC # along with 3 Barcodes.  When I call or go online for support, they both require a Serial # or SNID # before you can even speak with someone.  I have tried every number on this barcode sticker as well as variants, but they all get denied.  I can't even speak with a person to explain...  I looked all over the Galea headset itself, but cannot see any number on the device.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET HELP WITH THIS?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.  If this helps, I'll give some info from the sticker:  PN:  NP.HDS1A.003
Many thanks for any help,
twloe

Comments

• Pure
    Pure Member Posts: 5 New User
    Have you checked some tutorials on YouTube first?
  • twloe
    hi Pure, thank you for reaching out. Yes, I have searched online for 3 days for a solution.
  • Pure
    hmmm bro I think you should ask support online 

• Pure
    You can found it on this page ''speak with a agent now'' just clic it
  • twloe
    Thanks, but that is what I am talking about in the post... you have to enter a serial number or SNID number before you can gain access to anyone for support.  Again, I have the original box with barcode sticker, but out of all the numbers on the sticker, none are a serial number or SNID number.  I entered each of them trying to get access to chat support, but the system does not accept them as valid SN# or SNID#...
    I am completely stuck and cannot get through to even explain the situation to support....
  • twloe
    UPDATE:  Today I called Acer corporate office and explained my situation and need for help.  I was connected directly with a customer support agent who listened patiently as I explained my problem.  He then emailed me a link to provide my proof of purchase.  He stated that after I upload the proof of purchase, they will review and contact me directly to set up a return/exchange.  Both of the people at Acer I spoke with were incredibly kind and sympathetic.  They did not hesitate to offer assistance and assured me that everything would be taken care of.  I am extremely pleased with Acer's Customer Support and very grateful they are making things right.  Quite impressed so far...
  • twloe
    Hello Pure, thank you for that link, however that resource is for "Out of Warranty" customers.  It is a third party solution, fee based, when you are beyond the manufacturer's warranty.
    UPDATE TO THE PREVIOUS UPDATE:  After uploading my proof of purchase for the Galea Headset to the link provided by a customer care rep, I received a follow up call today by that same rep.  He stated that he received my file and noted that I was correct - the headset was still under the manufacturer's warranty (their warranty) and they would replace the damaged set.  He gave me the option of shipping my headset to them first and upon receipt, they would in turn ship a new Galea 500 to me... OR, I could give them a credit card used to only hold a pre-authorization and they would go ahead and ship the new headset to me.  Upon receipt of the new Galea 500, I am instructed to ship my damaged set back to them.  As soon as they receive the damaged set, the pre-auth hold on my credit card will be removed.
    To conclude, this was great service provided by Acer.  The issue has been resolved and they were extremely kind and helpful.  I am a fan.
    It took going outside the box and calling the corporate number, then pleading for help, but once I was able to speak with someone and they heard my issue, all was resolved within 24 hours.  Great job Acer!
  • DM_47
    DM_47 Member Posts: 4 New User
    twloe said:
    PLEASE HELP!!  Predator Galea 500 headset powers on and can hear audio, but mic is not working - running on a CyberPower PC w/ Windows 10.  It is <1 yr old and I have the original box which has a sticker on the back containing what one would think would be every thing needed:  PN #, EAN #, JAN #, Mfg Date, and UPC # along with 3 Barcodes.  When I call or go online for support, they both require a Serial # or SNID # before you can even speak with someone.  I have tried every number on this barcode sticker as well as variants, but they all get denied.  I can't even speak with a person to explain...  I looked all over the Galea headset itself, but cannot see any number on the device.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET HELP WITH THIS?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.  If this helps, I'll give some info from the sticker:  PN:  NP.HDS1A.003
    Many thanks for any help,
    twloe
      Hi I have the same issue as yours, do you have any news/solutions or results about the problem?