Acer Laptop won't connect to Wifi internet.

Options
JLH2019
JLH2019 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Members Lounge
My laptop states "Your device is offline. Please enter last password used. But I can't remember this password. It isn't possible to connect to the internet.

Answers

• mypdfhub1
    mypdfhub1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    Options
    you can contact your nearest machenic i am already facing this issue in my laptop i tried many websites but my issue is not resolved due to this issue my many rank out

Edited the content to hide sensitive/personal content
    Acer-Samuel
  • LisaC10
    LisaC10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    My laptop wont connect to my wifi, keeps wanting to go to dial up
  • LisaC10
    LisaC10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I was given this laptop for school. It was set up for dial up internet...will not connect to my wifi, it keeps wanting to go to dial up...not sure what to do, can anyone help?
  • anurag11
    anurag11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

. Check whether the laptop has a WiFi button, make sure the WiFi is on.

. Restart the laptop and Try a different laptop to see whether it has the same problem.If yes then Reboot the router and access router setting page and Change the Wireless Network Name and Channel,save. 

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    What laptop do you have? As there are hundreds of thousands of models 'Out There' lol including Acer models? As and firstly with every tech question, you should at least describe what type, model your 'whatever' is? Then we can be more specific, as WiFi's have different drivers and ways of reactivating them. Mostly, your problem could be software, hardware or mobo related or all combined, which is why you should specify everything in detail. 

The first thing you should do (as described by anurag11 above) is try to activate the WiFi, which is usually done by pressing the > F3 key, if that does not work then, try to see if your software is corrupted by doing the following: right click 'Windows key' (bottom left 3rd key) choose >Device Manager>Networks adaptors, then see: 
    1. If your wireless adaptor is listed there (its usually either a Quallcom Atheros, Broadcom or Intel) or 
    2. If its got a yellow 'error mark' next to it?
    Solutions
    1. If its No1, then you need to reinstall the driver for it by getting the appropriate driver. 
    2. If its No2, with a yellow error mark, then uninstall the driver and reboot your computer, which usually fixes the problem, if not, then do No1 and reinstall the driver again.
    3. Always and after a reboot > "press>F3" to activate the WiFi/BT, as this is always what people don't do!. 

These steps should activate your WiFi. if it doesn't then its more hardware related!  
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    I just reset the router to default and connect via a Ethernet cable.
  • CaptainCork3824
    CaptainCork3824 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I got myself the a8gy today and had the same issue. I took a 98 cent steak knife and I pulled the back off it and this is what I see. (The first picture) I have extensive knowledge on the bad little suckers right here. And I immediately know that those two one white one black wires should definitely not just be sitting there on the board doing nothin. That’s like trying to run any ***** m2 WiFi adapter. Any of them. It’s an old radio without the stainless steel retractable removable antenna. I bet you won’t even get a Zach bagans special class a evp. I’ll bet a 2$ bill that everyone that can’t find any available networks on their laptop unless they’re right next to a router sitting like a dummy catching some WiFi. Yeah no. Not for me k!? It’s the network adapter itself inside the pc after removing the screws on the back and ever so slightly remove the panel. Look for the two wires shown in my provided picture on the network adapter. And just make sure they sit tight to little itty bitty alien chip that provides the world with the ability to wirelessly connect to your homes internet. 

shouldbe n easy fix!

if not go ahead and close it down. Ship it off to upstate ny and I’ll have a go with it for free and ship it back to you in the same condition it came out of the box the day you bought it! And that. Is a guarantee

This discussion has been closed.