my new acer swift laptop has too low keys, difficult to typeSwift 3 (SF315-41-R7PE)

Options
MARIOJH
MARIOJH Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
my new acer laptop has too low keys, is this a manufacturing error?

shall i send it back,? i really have difficulties to type

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Which keys are too low? If all keys seem  too low, the keyboard tactility is probably different from what you're accustomed to. If you can't  adjust to it, I suggest you return the machine for a refund and get another model that you tested the keyboard response before buying it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MARIOJH

Tinkerer

Options
    almost all, especially D E R J N B V C X Y A  G H S
  • JackE
    Options
    Then I suggest that you get a refund from the vendor ASAP. Select another model or even another brand that has a keyboard that you're more comfortable with. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MARIOJH

Tinkerer

Options
    i had an acer swift laptop, the keys were normal,but on this one too low
  • JackE
    Options
    Then I suggest that you quickly return it to the vendor for an exchange or a refund before the vendor's returns policy period expires. Get another laptop from the vendor with a keys that aren't too low for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MARIOJH

Tinkerer

edited July 2019
    Options
    or is it because of the heat? the weather is hot here, can the metallic net around the keys get bigger because of that?
  • JackE
    Options
    It's possible that the thin keyboard membrane might slightly sag where there is little structural support underneath. But not from heat. The pattern you described earlier >>>D E R J N B V C X Y A  G H S>>> shown below, suggests your model might be relatively empty under this area. What is your full model number and I can look at the specs for you. SF1xx-xx?   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MARIOJH

Tinkerer

Options
    here  Swift 3 (SF315-41-R7PE) 39,6 cm (15,6 Zoll Full HD IPS) Ultrabook (AMD Ryzen 5 2500U, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 
  • JackE
    Options
    The SF315-41 keyboard is an integrated piece of the top case. That is, the keyboard is not a separate part and probably all top cases for this model are similar. You must now decide if you want to keep this model with this type of integrated keyboard top case or try another model from the vendor that feels better to you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MARIOJH

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    Options
    JackE said:
    The SF315-41 keyboard is an integrated piece of the top case. That is, the keyboard is not a separate part and probably all top cases for this model are similar. You must now decide if you want to keep this model with this type of integrated keyboard top case or try another model from the vendor that feels better to you. Jack E/NJ
    hello, the person from the vendor i bought it told me to send it back to get it repaired. it is even possible to repair this  keyboard? please can you tell me? 
  • MARIOJH

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    the vendor told me to send it to get repaired, is it even possible to repair the keyboard?
  • JackE
    Options
    Does the vendor have another SF315-41 for you to see if its keyboard is like your SF315-41? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MARIOJH

Tinkerer

Options
    no, they are sold out, but they said to me i can wait for 2 weeks, and maybe they get new ones and i can get a new one, if not, they will pay me my money back
  • JackE
    Options
    That seems like a good offer from the vendor. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MARIOJH

Tinkerer

Options
    its from amazon, if they  dont sell the same laptop in my country, can amazon order one for me from another country?
  • JackE
    Options
    If it was mine, I would ask for a refund now. Then shop for another laptop model.  A replacement SF315-41 will likely have the same issue due to integrated keyboard design. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ