TravelMate B Boot - No UEFI option after switching to Legacy

Options
andreas_k
andreas_k Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey everyone,

After installing Lubuntu on my TravelmateB, I had some trouble booting it and accidently switched the boot mode to Legacy. Now I can't set any options in the boot menu and especially can't switch back to UEFI.
Any ideas to solve that? Thanks a lot!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you created a password in changesupervisorpassword to disable secureboot? Also, launch cms is never?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andreas_k
    Options
    I haven't set a supervisor pw, although it says "Supervisow Password Is: Set".
    I can't find the option "launch cms". And I really can't change any of the options, except system time/date, and user/HDD1 password.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There is a boot mode option?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andreas_k
    Options
    Yes, it is set to Legacy and I can't change it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You want to reinstall windows in uefi mode, right? If so, you need to convert the flash drive to gpt and format it into fat32.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andreas_k
    Options
    Actually I want to install Lubuntu (I had Ubuntu before).
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer