Does the Triton 500 make a coil whine noise?

Volt
Volt Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have been using this laptop for about a week now. I noticed that it had a weird noise (you need to get close to the laptop chassis in order to notice -almost quiet) and at first I thought there was something wrong with the fan. I turned them off (including the screen) and it kept doing that weird sound. I am starting to think that it has something to do with coil whine but I don't know if that is normal. Does any of you can hear something similar when getting really close to the laptop (it is hard to listen - you need to pay attention)?

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, @Volt Regarding this problem, I believe it's a hardware issue and ask you to contact acer warranty support for help. There is query like this before please view the following link for more info:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/570621/predator-triton-500-buzzing-sound-from-my-motherboard-probably-coil-whine

Please click accept if I was helpful, thanks.
  • currybaguette
    currybaguette Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hey @Volt Were you able to get it fixed? 
    Volt said:
    I have been using this laptop for about a week now. I noticed that it had a weird noise (you need to get close to the laptop chassis in order to notice -almost quiet) and at first I thought there was something wrong with the fan. I turned them off (including the screen) and it kept doing that weird sound. I am starting to think that it has something to do with coil whine but I don't know if that is normal. Does any of you can hear something similar when getting really close to the laptop (it is hard to listen - you need to pay attention)?