My Acer a3-a20 often selects programs or options on its own. **********

Options
sharrick
sharrick Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My Acer a3-a20 often selects programs or options on its own. it started several months ago. I would try to select a book on Amazon Kindle, but it would select a different book.  Or i would be looking at options in another program and it would start picking them on its own.  I tried rebooting to factory standard and it seemed to work the first time, but slowly came back and got worse.  Most of the time i can't get it to go to a specific program anymore.  It goes wherever it feels like, although occasionally it does work very well.  Today i tried to go to the settings menu. I fiddled around and finally got there after going back and forth with the machine selecting other things instead.  Then it really got bad and was going forward and backward into all kinds of programs (part of the time it was too fast to follow.  I shut it down and later started it up again. This time i got in directly so i could get to the "About Tablet" screen to get the info. about the tablet.

Acer: A3-A20
SNID: ******************
Serial #: ****************************
Android Vers: 4.4.2

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sounds like you are seeing phantom touches. Sometimes they can be caused by dirt on the screen, sometimes by the tablet body flexing and sometimes it's a bad digitizer. The first two aren't hard to test for, let us know if either is the case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sharrick
    sharrick Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The screen is always kept clean.  The body is not likely flexing it is in a cover with a stand and mostly just used for reading books.  Just a screen touch to change the page.  Doesn't get move much.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try it without the cover for a bit to see if that helps. Failing that I'm leaning toward a problem either with the digitizer itself or the cable between the display and the motherboard. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.