Battery not charging if depleted below 20% ( orange LED is Blinking) (AN515-52)

PradeepW
PradeepW Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop is AN515-52. Recently I noticed that when I connect to the power it does not charge and the orange LED is blinking continuously. I reset the battery then it started to charging but now I have to do it each time when the battery depleted below 20% unless it can charge as normal.  

I ran the Acer care utility and it says battery health is good. I tried with another charger and did not cure the issue. 

Does anybody have this experience? What could be the reason for this issue? 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Do this, go to Device Manager and uninstall the Microsoft compliant control method battery then reboot and it will reinstall. Let me know if that worked

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• PradeepW

Tinkerer

Thank you for the response but It didn't work for me. 
  • andylb
    If it's under warranty contact your Acer support

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• PradeepW

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, I'm out of the country. I contacted the Acer support. I can not claim it while I'm in New Zealand. Do you think this is a hardware issue?

• andylb
    PradeepW said:
    Unfortunately, I'm out of the country. I contacted the Acer support. I can not claim it while I'm in New Zealand. Do you think this is a hardware issue?

Well my friend you have reset the battery and updated charging and battery drivers so I think it may be hardware related

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• PradeepW

Tinkerer

but if it is a hardware failure still it can charge when resetting the battery. Today I experienced that it happens at 30% battery level also. When I do plug in and unplugging 2-3 times, it started to charge. I think it may be due to a loose circuit because NZ is colder than SL. There might be shrinkage of charging electrodes. 
  • andylb
    That's a possibility but I'm also thinking it may be the Laptop port that the charger plugs into

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• nuwanasiri
    nuwanasiri Member Posts: 5 New User
    I had same Nitro and same problem and machine is dead today. I brig the machine to authorized service center and they said that there is chip burn mark and rejected the warranty.