Volume jumping no more than 2 steps - Travel Mate X349

Options
jazcer
jazcer Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I'm typing this using my TravelMate X349 (after two years still very happy with it!). One thing that I have been looking for for a while now is stopping the volume from dropping more than 2 steps (faster and faster) when you hit the volume down several times in a row. Is that adjustable somehow? I know of the tricks keeping the key pressed down and also do it slowly so it will minimize by 2.

Regards,
jazz

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @jazcer ,
    Try updating the sound drivers, follow the below steps:
    1. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
    2. Double-click the category with the device you want to update.
    3. Right-click the device, and select the Update Driver option.
    4. Click the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• jazcer
    jazcer Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Du_little, I can open Device Manager but I have no clue what and where to look for. But I think the 'volume down steps' is a default. Even if I manage to update what I need to update, it won't change anything. Well, I think.

Say, the volume is up to 100. When I press the volume down button once, it goes to 98. When I press it twice, it goes to 96. When I press it three times: 96. And so forth. But when I press it 7 times, it suddenly drops from 88 to 78. And after 8 times to 64 and on to 52, and even quicker drops to 0. I'm fine with the steps of 2, but why suddenly drop to a far lower number? Why not 2 all the time I press volume down? That is what I try to find: to stop the volume going down so quickly when you keep pressing it.
    You don't experience the same issue with your computer?