acer swift 3 take more time to boot

Options
Albin97
Albin97 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i brought a new acer swift 3 SF315-41 today. It takes almost 1.40 min to boot. Should i go for a replacement or this time is usual for this model ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and checkmark the box for 'fast startup'. Then uninstall, don't just disable, any non-Microsoft antivirus software as Defender and Malicious Software removal tool are all most people really need. Then shutdown. Turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Albin97

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    Options
    Sorry for the late replay and thanks for your replay. Actually it didn't solve my problem. I tried above steps and  I tried bios upgrade and pc reset but still no change. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Please don't post same issue in multiple threads. Open Task Manager. Click the Startup tab. If possible, ost screenshot of what's loaded on booting. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Albin97

Tinkerer

Options
    on startup my disk usage is 100% after sometime it will decrease

I updated my windows 10 from 1803 to 1903
  • JackE
    Options
    RealTek Audio Mgr has abnormally high impact.  And Windows Security notification is also slowing the boot process considerably because it's scanning the drive for malware everytime the machine boots up. This is overkill unless you often visit questionable websites or run questionable executables. Try disabling both processes on startup and see how much the boot time is affected. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Albin97

Tinkerer

Options
    I checked the startup apps again but this time Realtek was showing a medium and win security was showing a low impact. Anyway I disabled both but it didn't affected at all. Here I am providing a time split on startup
    acer logo showing for 45.87 sec
    a blank screen - 17.06 sec
    please wait screen - 34.78 sec
    login & welcome screen - 30.17 sec
    after opening, all the icons in the taskbar will come after 16.94 sec after that only I can use my laptop. before that even a right click also won't work
    in total it is taking 2.25 min to boot.
    after booting almost 1 to 2 min my disk usage will be 100%
    hope it gives you some ideas , and thanks for helping me again
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>after booting almost 1 to 2 min my disk usage will be 100%>>>

How long does disk usage remain at 100% after booting? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Albin97

Tinkerer

Options
    After booting it took 25-30 sec to open task manager. Once it opened the disk usage was >97%  for 2min 24 sec most of the time it was 100%
  • Albin97

Tinkerer

Options
    One more thing I tried. I booted to safe mode but still it takes long time to boot.
  • JackE
    Options
    I think you should try one more thing. Do an erase everything factory reset using the ALT+F10 cold bot method as shown in the video below. If it's still slow booting after the reset and making sure ControlPanel's fast startup option is enabled, then yes you should return it to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchanging it with a replacement. Jack E/Nj

Jack E/NJ

• Albin97

Tinkerer

Options
    Albin97 said:
    Sorry for the late replay and thanks for your replay. Actually it didn't solve my problem. I tried above steps and  I tried bios upgrade and pc reset but still no change. 
    I have already done the PC reset last week but it didn't changed anything. Thank you for helping me with the issue. Currently I am trying to get a replacement but acer is sending technicians frequently to resolve the issue but they can't. 
  • JackE
    Options
    It is 2 weeks since you bought machine. Quickly return it as defective for a  replacement before the vendor's return period policy expires. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Albin97

Tinkerer

Options
    Currently i am working on it . Thank you