A315-41-R14K Wireless adapter not showing up in Windows 10 Enterprise

Options
ddivita
ddivita Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I installed a new version windows on the my laptop and I am not seeing the wireless adapter showing up in windows. I tried installing both Wireless adapters form Acer for my laptop. I also installed all the other drivers including the Bluetooth software. The drivers for bluetooth and the wireless adapters do not seem to do anything. Under my device manager for network adapters I see the Realtek GBE, Bluetooth Device,and the wan miniport devices. The adapter was working on the stock windows install.  

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't think the new Windows is the cause. If there are no yellow or red DeviceManager warnings, and no wifi device listed, the wifi module probably only needs to be re-seated on the mainboard to clean its contacts. This requires removing the HDD, RAM modules and 17 screws on the bottom cover. Then prying it away from the top cover with a credit card or plastic wedge starting in the upper left hand corner of the keyboard and working your way around the bottom of the keyboard to the other side. The antenna connector and wifi board screw must then be removed. Then re-seat the module a few times to clean its contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ddivita
    ddivita Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    That seems like a lot of work for a laptop I purchased 3 days ago. Less than an hour before I loaded the new version of Windows it was working fine. I did not move the laptop from its position so I am skeptical I need to reseat the adapter. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>That seems like a lot of work for a laptop I purchased 3 days ago.>>>

Absolutely!!! Don't waste any more time on this. Return the laptop to the vendor as defective ASAP before the vendor's RMA policy period expires. A warranty repair will take a lot longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ