triton 500> tried to update killer software now no software at all

kromar
kromar Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i tried for a couple of hours to update to the latest killer software but for some reason it is impossible to get it to install. after the drivers are installed it asks me if i want to install the control center, then ti opens a cmd line window and shows me a error that no default app is set to connect to the url or something like that. obviousely it doesnt show what for so i have no clue what kind of software default its asking for.
\anyone knows how to fix this issue so i can get the latest version of this software?

Best Answer

• kromar

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    i found that there is a option to specify the default app by file extension. its quite hidden due to the "greyed out" option it is under. so if anyone has a similar issue, this resolved the installer from going to the windows store to find the control center... 

Answers

• kromar

Tinkerer

this is the error i get when the software tries to install the control center
  • kromar

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    i found that there is a option to specify the default app by file extension. its quite hidden due to the "greyed out" option it is under. so if anyone has a similar issue, this resolved the installer from going to the windows store to find the control center...