Intel RST converted my whole 1TB HDD to a recovery disk

Options
Shubhanshu2712
Shubhanshu2712 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300 with windows 10. After starting the laptop, I have set up the windows 10.

As soon as that process was over and the desktop screen appeared, Inter Rapid Storage Technology asked me to create a recovery drive, I clicked on yes, create one. But that software has converted my whole 1 TB hard disk to a recovery drive, and I'm unable to change its type. Windows is installed in another 128 GB SSD. I have checked all other solutions from the discussions similar to my problem, but nothing worked.

I checked from the BIOS, the HDD is there, working fine, but I cannot see it in the My Computer, nor in the disk management.

Then I started a memory diagnostic test, which didn't give any result. Then I tried the following :

didn't help much...

And I know it's still there because I can see it in Intel's RST software:

I also looked for the solution in the INTEL's RST guide, but couldn't find any...

I want my whole 1 TB drive as a normal storage drive, does not need any recovery drive.

Best Answer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Formatting the disk doesn't help?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Shubhanshu2712
    Shubhanshu2712 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Yes I also try to access raid bios to change mode of drive but it doesn't allow to access
  • XdxD
    Options
    You accepted my comment as answer. Did it really work for you? Formatting the drive automatically changes the drive state to default settings.