Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-51-71VV - Freezing and windows 10 reinstallation problems

Dice
Dice Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just got a new Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-51-71VV 

After few hours of using, it started crashing randomly and turning black screen. Forcing me to turn it off by holding the power button. I reset the system from recovery in the settings. After windows was installed and everything seemed to work great the same thing happened again. I tried to reset the laptop a second time but it froze while installing windows and showed me the blue screen window sad face. Since then I have been trying to reset the system but it keeps on freezing.

Should I update BIOS? How do I update it? 
Should I reinstall windows with a usb? 

Answers

• What error code is displayed? Did you try to reset it using the alt + f10 command before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dice

Tinkerer

What error code is displayed?
    There was no error code displayed, I just keep getting a page similar to this 

Did you try to reset it using the alt + f10 command before the Acer logo?
    Yes I did. I tried resetting the laptop from the troubleshoot section but it's keep getting stuck during the installation process. 

I tried doing it again and now its been more than hour loading in this page below (The laptop is connected to the internet by Ethernet cable):

• Does the notebook lock or does the circle continue to spin? Have you selected the option that deletes the files? Have you tried disconnecting the ethernet cable?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dice

Tinkerer

Does the notebook lock or does the circle continue to spin? Have you selected the option that deletes the files? Have you tried disconnecting the ethernet cable?
    The first few times it froze. This time after I chose to reset the system it took me to the installation process, then during the process it gave me the same sad face screen, then it turned by itself and It took me to the step where I choose my region and language and now the circle is still spinning after that step for about 2 hours.

Yeah I just plugged the Ethernet cable during the last few times I tried to reset the system. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Check this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-displays-just-a-moment-what-to-do/6c49dabc-2809-49d1-bc42-0b8ec10078cf

Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup goes beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps. 
    Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 10 minutes. 
    If you are using a laptop, remove the battery if the option is available. 
    Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet and/or turn off Wi-Fi). 
    Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer. 
    See if it completes setup. 
    If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dice

Tinkerer

I really have no idea what causing this problem. is it something from the drive or is it from windows!!
    Should I leave it on the spinning circle overnight? or should I try resetting the system again? 
  • Have you tried my tip up by disconnecting the wireless, ethernet and any other device that is plugged into usbs ports?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Windows 10 install is stuck on Just a moment

Windows 10 Upgrade and installation has this peculiar problem where it gets stuck for small reasons. Internet connection, setting up something which could have been done later, and there is no way it can skip, i.e., timeout. If you see “Just a moment” message when installing Windows 10, you can do these:

• Disable internet connection. You can either turn off WiFI or remove the ethernet plug.
    • Try removing any external hardware which is not necessary. Sometimes Windows waits to get the get driver update or verify existing file
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-install-stuck-during-installation

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dice

Tinkerer

Have you tried my tip up by disconnecting the wireless, ethernet and any other device that is plugged into usbs ports?
    Yes I just tried that. It took me to the steps of setting up windows, after the last step the screen turned black. 
    I will try to reset the system without the internet, and I only have the charger plugged in the whole time.
  • Dice

Tinkerer

Windows 10 install is stuck on Just a moment

Windows 10 Upgrade and installation has this peculiar problem where it gets stuck for small reasons. Internet connection, setting up something which could have been done later, and there is no way it can skip, i.e., timeout. If you see “Just a moment” message when installing Windows 10, you can do these:

• Disable internet connection. You can either turn off WiFI or remove the ethernet plug.
    • Try removing any external hardware which is not necessary. Sometimes Windows waits to get the get driver update or verify existing file
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-install-stuck-during-installation
    Unfortunately it didn't work. I left it loading at 58% overnight, woke up and its still at 58%. This is weird the laptop is new and out of the box but it feels like its not compatible with windows at all. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Did you ever try to do a battery reset? Can you still replace the notebook with the seller?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dice

Tinkerer

Did you ever try to do a battery reset? Can you still replace the notebook with the seller?
    I tried the battery reset several times and it didn't work. I got the notebook on amazon prime deal with $1000, I can't replace it witch is unfortunate. I can only return it, I was hoping that I can fix it though.

I think the problem is on the drivers, the thing is I can't update the drivers because I can't install windows properly. If there was a way to update the drivers from this page that might help(maybe in the command prompt). Will modifying anything in the UEFI Firmware settings gonna change anything?

• There is probably an earlier version of windows. Have you already clicked go back to the previous version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MikeHawk
    MikeHawk Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same exact laptop, got it for $1000 on Prime day.  Great laptop but my Nvidia 2060 card just stopped working after one day.  Did the battery reset suggested by egydiocoelho and it worked, for now.  I don't understand why these laptops come with problems right out of the box like this.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    MikeHawk said:
    I have the same exact laptop, got it for $1000 on Prime day.  Great laptop but my Nvidia 2060 card just stopped working after one day.  Did the battery reset suggested by egydiocoelho and it worked, for now.  I don't understand why these laptops come with problems right out of the box like this.
    Problem with RTX Cards. This issue isn't present with GTX Cards.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • It would be interesting to know if @Dice has reset the battery too.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dice

Tinkerer

There is probably an earlier version of windows. Have you already clicked go back to the previous version?
    I tied doing that, but it didn't work out too.

It would be interesting to know if @Dice has reset the battery too.
    I tried resetting the battery 3 times, nothing changed. 

I talked to Acer and I will probably send them the laptop for repair. 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited July 2019
    It would be interesting to know if @Dice has reset the battery too.
    I tried resetting the battery 3 times, nothing changed. 

I talked to Acer and I will probably send them the laptop for repair. 
    After resetting battery, did you leave it to completely drain out the energy?
    Read this: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/703953/#Comment_703953
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Dice

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    After resetting battery, did you leave it to completely drain out the energy?
    Read this: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/703953/#Comment_703953

I already sent the laptop to acer for repair. But I did reset the battery and left it for about half an hour, maybe leaving it longer might have worked.  
  • Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer