Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 Storage question-power consumption

AdrianH
AdrianH Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
can I upgrade the laptop by adding 2nd NVME SSD in 2nd m.2 slot and a 2.5" SSD in a 2.5" drive bay instead of preinstalled HDD without worrying that my laptop would exceed 180W power consumption (charger is 180W) and drain battery when plugged in and on heavy load? So in total my laptop would have 3 disks (2 NVME SSDs and 1 2.5" SATA SSD). Thanks for any info!

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning AdrianH !

All internal system of the apparatus as well as the power supply hardware must be in agreement to supply all the demand of slots and use of the apparatus.
    So the project meets all the requirements.

Just keep in mind that power consumption will increase, both from the battery and from the power outlet.

Plus that will get an increase in temperatures.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• AdrianH
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your detailed answear!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning AdrianH !

All internal system of the apparatus as well as the power supply hardware must be in agreement to supply all the demand of slots and use of the apparatus.
    So the project meets all the requirements.

Just keep in mind that power consumption will increase, both from the battery and from the power outlet.

Plus that will get an increase in temperatures.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• AdrianH
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your detailed answear!