E5-476G-32BL: RAM type? Warranty sticker?

Woobby
Woobby Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I want to know compatible RAM for this laptop. Also where can i know those thing?

My RAM is only 4gb and has an additional slot. This make the harddisk slower too because it store some memorh on harddisk (i know its slow because i have older laptop, with 8gb ram, and it load sims4 much faster.) So I need to upgrade it to maximize the capability of other component.

Next question, there is warranty sticker placed between that RAM/hard disk place and the main cover. So I’m sure if i want to open to add RAM, that sticker might be damaged. Is this gonna void my warranty?
The stixker clearly says that but i asked on other place and they say its fine ._.

Also, any note that i should know about upgrading ram? Like should it be the exact same as the other? And how to check if it works properly after install it?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    There may be a screw underneath the sticker, if you remove the sticker you are will void the warranty, so be cautious, how old is the laptop? If you are concerned about the warranty, get the upgrade done by Aver Service centre, if you are not too bothered, you can upgrade yourself with a DDR4 2133/2400MHz module, you don't need to install the same brand but you have to match the specs of the current module in the laptop.
    Example: https://www.mrmemory.co.uk/memory-ram-upgrades/acer/aspire-notebook/e5-476g
  • Woobby
    Woobby Member Posts: 2 New User
    Okay, thanks a lot!
    Right, there is a screw underneath it. Its still less than a month now. Hmm... my other acer 473g didnt have any problem till one half year (hard disk health start droping and full of dust), but i think i will keep my warranty.

The only problem with Acer service is it will takes couple days and i dont really trust people around my area, because of that customer service said it wont void my warranty if i upgrade ram (i already clearly states that their is this warranty sticker) ._.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    You are welcome, I can only suggest you to remove the sticker without damaging and upgrade the memory, if it's possible, also talk to different customer service assistant to get a second opinion.