FPS drop when plugged in and charging - Acer Aspire E5- 576EG, Intel core i7 - 8550 Cpu

Options
Wouuw
Wouuw Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi! I have a problem with my Aspire and I wonder if someone was in the same situation ...
While the laptop is unplugged, I have no problem even with games (150 fps)  but when it's charging, my fps drops to 20.
I've read that could be a problem due to the power options that 
switches a lot of things into low power mode to help speed up the charge or to the heat, generated by the charging. 
In order to solve that I tried to modify my options selecting while plugged high performances, even the advanced imp but that doesn't make any difference ...

I know it's common on laptops but i wanted to know if there's something I can change to avoid that performance decrease.

Thanks 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try changing ControlPanel  power plan from Performance mode to Balanced mode. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wouuw
    Wouuw Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I tried and now it works fine while plugged (180 fps) while when it's unplugged works at 60 fps
    It seems enough for me, thanks :)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good job. That's the way it's supposed to work best --- plugged in with battery near 100% charged BEFORE starting heavy gaming loads. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ