ACER nitro 5 An515-42 - RAM UPGRADE PROBLEM

drHomme
drHomme Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I HAVE ACER NIRO 5 AN515-42 LAPTOP. I WANT TO UPGRADE RAM. I INSTALL CPU-Z AND LOOK IT. I SAW THIS.  I SEARCH ON THE WEB AND EVERY USER HAS ONE EMPTY SLOT AND ONE 8 GB RAM SLOT. WHAT'S MY LAPTOP PROBLEM ? THANNKS

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You can check all slots by expanding the dropdown arrow and also can check manually by opening up the memory door at the back.

• drHomme
    I check ram slots manually and i see 4 GB+ 4 GB ram . Is it normal ? 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Yes, that's correct, you have 8GB total memory.
  • drHomme
    Acer nitro 5 series laptops has one 8 GB ram AMD one free slot. I dont see any Acer nitro 5 double 4 GB rams. So ı wondered. I want to upgrade ram. One of them 4 GB ram remove and put 8 GB ram. 8-4 GB ram , is it okay?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    drHomme said:
    Acer nitro 5 series laptops has one 8 GB ram AMD one free slot. I dont see any Acer nitro 5 double 4 GB rams. So ı wondered. I want to upgrade ram. One of them 4 GB ram remove and put 8 GB ram. 8-4 GB ram , is it okay?
    Yes you can go 8 and 4 but if I was you I'd buy 1 x 16 or 2 x 8. 16g is the minimum for me

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Zemez
    Zemez Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    You can go that 8 + 4 route but the laptop can handle a max of 32 gigs of RAM and running in dual channel is always best so if you upgrade to then put 4+4, 8+8, or 16+16. One reason is because dual channel evens the load better and increases performance, and the second reason is when you are on the road and one of your RAM modules fails you can always just run with the good one until you have the opportunity to replace the bad one.