Newly purchased Acer swift 3 laptop has light yellowish tint

knowjacob
knowjacob Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got my new acer swift 3 wirh pre installed endless linux. But it has a light yellow tint at a few places on the edges of the sceen. This tint is visible only on black background like while turning on the pc and when i tried opening a black wallpaper on full screen to check the tint.
Is it driver issue? Like can updating software in bios fix this? Or is it a backlight bleed?
Someone please help, as its my newly purchased laptop am very much concerned.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It could be the backlight bleed, if you are not happy with it, return it to the retailer for replacement and get another one, if it's possible, majority of IPS panels have this problem. 
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/troubleshooting-backlight-bleeding-and-light-leakage
  • knowjacob

Tinkerer

Hi,
    It could be the backlight bleed, if you are not happy with it, return it to the retailer for replacement and get another one, if it's possible, majority of IPS panels have this problem. 
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48223/~/troubleshooting-backlight-bleeding-and-light-leakage
    I’m not having a serious problem but since its a new laptop I couldn’t accept it partly😰
    Will that backlight bleed increase or become worse in the future? And how do i confirm if its a backlight bleed?
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, also post the screen Hardware ID( if you don't know the actual model name of the panel), you can find this by going to Device manager, expand Monitor, highlight and right click Generic PnP monitor, click Properties, move to Details tab, select Hardware Id from the dropdown arrow and post the snip of it.
    I don't think the bleeding will get worse, keep an eye on it by taking pictures of it, if it's get worse send it for a service and get it fixed before the warranty period expires.

• knowjacob

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, also post the screen Hardware ID( if you don't know the actual model name of the panel), you can find this by going to Device manager, expand Monitor, highlight and right click Generic PnP monitor, click Properties, move to Details tab, select Hardware Id from the dropdown arrow and post the snip of it.
    I don't think the bleeding will get worse, keep an eye on it by taking pictures of it, if it's get worse send it for a service and get it fixed before the warranty period expires.

Actually am not near to laptop, i shall get u the details. Between its linux os so finding the hardware id might be different i guess. How to find in linux? 
  • brummyfan2
    knowjacob said:
    Hi,

Actually am not near to laptop, i shall get u the details. Between its linux os so finding the hardware id might be different i guess. How to find in linux? 
    Sorry, my bad, completely forgot that it's a Linux system, please wait for someone else to chime in.
  • knowjacob

Tinkerer

knowjacob said:
    Hi,

Sorry, my bad, completely forgot that it's a Linux system, please wait for someone else to chime in.
    This is the color problem am facing
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Yes, it's a backlight bleed, I couldn't find any remedy for this online but you could try loosening the screws which secure the panel to the top cover slightly, it may reduce the backlight bleed but you have to make sure that doing this won't void the warranty.
    You can remove the screen bezel, then turn the screws(4 of them) anti-clockwise, quarter turn should be fine.
    I don't think there's any software or BIOS update solution as it's a hardware problem.