Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52-78VL) Video Playback freezing on second Monitor

Rummel
Rummel Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello! New owner here, very excited about my new laptop, but I am having a problem that I can't quite figure out.

Whenever I plug in a second monitor (via HDMI or min-display), everything looks fine on the primary laptop screen, but if I drag a video (YouTube, Frame.io, etc.) into the second moniotr, the video freezes. I still hear audio, and if I drag it back to the main screen it acts as if nothing happens. Weird problem, I know! Even weirder detail, it doesn't always happen, it usually only happens with 720p videos. 

If I maneuver the video into the middle of both screens, it works fine, but the second it's locked into the second screen, frozen again.

Happens on multiple different type of screens, no matter if they are hdmi, vga, etc. Drivers and Windows are all updated to latest.

It's a new computer so I'm willing to return it if there's no fix in sight, but I'd much rather figure this out if possible.
Thanks!

Answers

• Hello! Have you tried updating the video drivers on intel and nvidia websites? Is your notebook in high performance?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rummel
    All drivers are up to date! And I'm not sure about "High Performance" I have it "Best Performance" when plugged in on the battery, but I don't have it on "Turbo" if that's what you mean.
  • Did you select high performance mode in the power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Also, does this problem only occur when you duplicate or extend the screen?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rummel
    It happens on both duplicate and extended screen. And yes the power options have it at high performance.
    It'll work just fine for a while and then it stops. i have no clue why. 
  • Does this problem occur on the hdmi cable and also on the dp cable? Also, what is the monitor model?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rummel
    It happens with both HDMI and DB, and unfortunately the monitor done'st matter. I've tried it on a Samsung monitor, Acer monitor, and on my LG Tv. 
  • Have you tried deactivating the gsync or free sync function? Have you tried lowering the resolution and refresh rate?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rummel
    I haven't tried deactivating, G-sync, how do I do that?
  • Make sure this option is available here:
    Imagem relacionada

egydiocoelho Trailblazer