Problems with NVME Corsair MP300 on E5-575G-57AV

Phrogress
Phrogress Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I recently bought an NVME x2 Corsair MP300 240GB SSD to change the mechanical disk that comes from the factory with the equipment, the problem is that clone the disk in the new ssd but the system does not recognize it when making the boot, adjust the boot priority in the Bios and still does not work. And if that was not enough, since installing the SSD in slot M.2 and the computer does not want to start with the battery but that time must be directly connected to the charger, probe removing the SSD to see if it was solved, without success. I really need help! : '(

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Is the Corsair recognised in the BIOS INFORMATION tab?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Phrogress
    Yes, he recognizes it without problems.
  • JackE
    Did you use MacriumReflect to migrate the system to the Corsair? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Phrogress
    No, I used the Professional Edition of AOMEI.
  • JackE
    If it's recognised by the BIOS, it should be OK. Temporarily disconnect the HDD to see if it'll boot as the BIOS sometimes can get confused. If still no success, re-do the migration.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Phrogress
    I already tried both, without success. I do not know if I'll have to play with some adjustment in the bios. I do not want to have to install windows from scratch, drivers and programs. :'(
  • JackE
    Nothing to play with in the BIOS including the BOOT tab. NVME's seem to be notoriously unpredictable in mainboards with SATA3 or 2-lane PCIe m.2 slots, The original specsheet only lists m.2 SATAs so it's a gamble on whether or not a particular brand of NVME will work at advertised speeds or will work at all. The Samsung PCIe m.2s seem to have about the least unpredictability along with plain vanilla SATA3 m.2s. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Phrogress
    I did not find a solution, I finally had to install windows from scratch on the SSD, and now everything works perfectly.
  • JackE
    Congrats. Sounds like the AOMEI migrate function didn't work very well. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Many of the cloning software are kind enough to automatically resize all the partitions for you when doing the clone operation. Unfortunately some of those partition have to be the fixed size Windows expects, especially the boot and recovery partitions. When using that type of software it's best to configure it to only resize the C partition if you want to be able to boot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.