AN515-53-55G9 Why is the keyboard backlight still limited?

KirkS59
KirkS59 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
This has been an issue for a long time now and Acer still hasn't offered an explanation that makes sense. Regardless if the laptop is plugged in or not, the keyboard backlight goes off after 30 seconds. That is a ridiculous design flaw. Does Acer understand why a keyboard would be backlit in the first place? Since they insist this is a "feature", I'd say they don't understand.

Six months ago an Acer Crew addressed the issue with this response:
"... I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life)."

That just makes no sense at all. I don't need my battery saved when I'm plugged in! I need to be able to see my freaking keys! Give ME the choice whether or not to leave the backlight on.

Please admit you made a design error and just fix it already!

Best Answer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KirkS59
    KirkS59 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Holy cow! I looked all over this morning for an answer. And when I didn't find one I just assumed...

Now I feel bad for being so cranky. Thank you, egydiocoelho!
  • You are Welcome my friend ;)
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)