Acer Aspire 5 A515-52-57BY Lags When Changing the Brightness Using the Function Keys

Options
bwpdk
bwpdk Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Ever since I bought this laptop there has been a noticeable lag when changing the brightness using the function keys. This has happened on both Windows 10 Home version 1803 (the version the laptop came with), which I have done a factory reset on, and 1903, which I upgraded to today. I have installed all available updates also. This is the only UI component that has serious lag for me. 

What should I do?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Have you updated the Intel and NVIDIA video drivers, and have you also installed Acer Quick Access?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bwpdk

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi egydiocoelho,

My Intel video driver is updated and Acer Quick Access is installed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you update the nvidia driver as well? Is the problem still occurring?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bwpdk

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier that my laptop comes with an Intel integrated GPU. I have no NVIDIA drivers to install. The problem is still occuring.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you put the notebook to high performance?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bwpdk

Tinkerer

Options
    I have and the lag can still be seen.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Enter the uefi by pressing the f2 key as soon as you turn on the notebook and look for a function called function key behavior change to media key and verify that it solves the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bwpdk

Tinkerer

Options
    The function key behaviour was already set to media key.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Change for special key!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer