Looking for an alternative to "Nitrosense" for Nitro5 (specifically AN515-53-55G9)

jGecko
jGecko Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
At a minimum I am just looking for something that will show a SMALL window displaying the CPU and GPU temps and fan speeds, and preferably alert me if any monitored parameter exceeds a threshold of my choosing.

Has anyone found a 3rd party application/freeware that will report the fan speeds and temperatures for the CPU and the GPU in the Nitro5 series (or, specifically on AN515-53-55G9)? Nitrosense takes up just about the entire display and it's useless "fan" animation burns cycles and sucks battery life all on its own...and is thus unacceptable for those reasons.
I've tried speedfan, MSI afterburner, HWinfo64, and a number of others, and they all seem to be unable to find the correct sensors for these data. Perhaps Acer is doing something proprietary or not meeting standards on sensor interfaces? (btw, HWiNFO64 is great for detailed system information (except no Nitro5 fan speed data). It's battery status section is excellent.

Answers